The Friends Silent Auction is divided into three parts. An OLD AND RARE BOOKS auction consists of 4 books on the upper shelf of the rack against the wall. It remains open for bidding for two weeks. PROFESSOR PARSONS’ PICKS is a selection of 4 or more books on the second shelf picked by Professor Ted Parsons that he thinks will be of particular interest to readers, the REGULAR AUCTION which consists of about 50 books on the table and on the two racks. Bidding remains open for one week. The bidding is in whole dollars and ends on Tuesday at 1:00 p.m. At that time there can be a bid-off between competing bidders.
You will be notified by phone if you are the highest bidder. Books may be paid for and picked up at the close of the auction (1:00 p.m. on Tuesday) OR at the Friends Bookstore in the basement of the library after 2:30 p.m. on the Tuesday of the ending of the auction.
If books are not picked up within TWO WEEKS, they will go to the second highest bidder.
Due to the closing of the Friends Bookstore and the Library various days during the Christmas holidays, the last auction posted for 2013 will be from December 10 – 17. The auctions will resume with a new auction on January 4-14, 2014.
Closed Sunday and Monday
Tuesday 11:30 – 7:30.
Wednesday – Saturday 10:30 – 4:30.
Call the bookstore directly at 798-7685
The Friends announce the next BAG SALE will be December 7, 2013Go To Friends of the Library Page
Four OLD and/or RARE books or sets of books are offered on the top shelf of the stand against the wall at the auction. Bidding begins at 1 pm December 3 2013 on these books will remain open for TWO WEEKS (until December 17, 2013) . Only facsimiles of pages and cover are there. Please go to the bookstore to examine the books.
6 Volumes Set: The Works of James W. Riley (Min. Bid $23) A Child’s Garden of Verses (Min. Bid $23) John Muir’s Mountains of California (Min. Bid $30)
This week the REGULAR SILENT AUCTION will be up for ONE WEEK and begin on Tuesday, December 3. 2013 at 1pm and continue until 1pm on Tuesday, December 10, 2013. About fifty books are as listed below are displayed in the Main Library for the Silent Auction.
- 100 Flowers by Georgia O’Keefe
- 2 Believe It or Not books
- 2 Books: Complete Sherlock & Sherlock Compendium
- 2 Books: Norman Rockwell & Saturday Evening Post Christmas Books
- 2 Children’s Books: Sabine’s Notebook & Griffin and Sabine
- 2 Children’s Christmas Books: Believe & Spirit of Christmas
- 2 Christmas Books —Keyboard works (new) battery included
- 2 English History Books: Chaucer and Year of 3 Kings, 1483
- 2 New Yorker Cartoon Albums
- 3 Children’s Christmas books: Peanuts, Night Before….,, & Santa
- 3 Children’s Christmas Books: Snow Bears, Merry-Mouse, & Pussycat’s Christmas
- 3 Christmas Classics: Gift of Magi, Christmas Carol, & Old Christmas
- 3 Thousand Piece Jigsaw Puzzles (unopened)
- 3 Volumes: Reproduction of 1871 Britannica
- 3 Young Adult Christmas Books: Quiet Women, Christmas Spirit, Christmas
- 4 Holiday Cookbooks
- 4 Young Adult Christmas Books: Special Guest, Blue Christmas, Christmas Tree, Angels
- 5 Appetizer Cookbooks
Professor Parsons’ Picks
- An Old Fashioned Girl (Min. $14)
- Bruce (Min. $15)
- Dark Laughter (Min. $4)
- Headwaters of the Mississippi (Min. $110)
- 6 Knitting Books
- 7 Felicity – American Girl Books
- 7 Preston & Child Novels
- A History of Ancient Egypt
- Andrew Wyeth: The Helga Pictures
- Complete Book of Horses
- Cubs Vs. Giants—Unopened Jigsaw puzzle
- Dora the Explorer: Christmas Book, 12 Figurines & a Mat
- Famous Letters: Messages that Shaped Our World
- Hatshepsut: From Queen to Pharaoh
- Jeff Davis’s Own
- LLadró: The Magic World of Porcelain
- Lore of Flight
- Matisse and Picasso
- North by Northeast – Paintings
- Obsessed With Hollywood
- Orazio and Artemisia Gentileschi – 17th Century Italian Painters
- Painted Ponies
- Stephen King’s Four Past Midnight (unopened)
- The Game of Privacy (unopened)
- The Illustrated Guide to Lace
Bookstore Prices (in dollars) as of 4/3/11
BAG SALE (Saturday, December 7, 2013))
Music Audio Tapes
Books on Tape (per cassette. Max $4)
Cliff and Spark Notes
Library Note Cards (12 for $10.00)
Stained Glass Note Cards (3 for $ 5.00)
Smiley Library Coffee Mugs
Coaster, set of four
Library Book Bags
Mini Libary Bags
Orange Crate Labels
Tan Lightweight Book Bag
$10 or $20
$10 or $20
Help Your Library
Please donate your extra books to the Friends Bookstore. Put them in the deposit chest in the vestibule of the library. We especially need good paperback fiction. Please do not donate old textbooks, journals, weekly news magazines, or National Geographics.
Also, you may Buy-A-Book. This provides a book for the library and lets you honor or memorialize a friend or loved one and have a commemorative plaque placed in the front of the book. Forms may be picked up in the bookstore or at several of the service desks in the library proper.
Your donations help the library to buy books and periodicals, and also your gift will be appreciated by those who purchase them.Go To Friends of the Library Page