The children’s collection of A.K. Smiley Public Library includes:
- Books, periodicals, and audio materials for preschool through 8th grade.
- Special programs and activities are held for children year round.
- Reading Clubs are held throughout the year and feature special themes and rewards to young readers.
Bring your little ones and enjoy storytelling from our wonderful group of readers!
Wednesday Mornings in the Contemporary Club:
- Preschoolers: Ages 4-6 10:15 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. ~ story time + craft time
Wednesday Evenings in the Story Corner:
- Chinese Story Time 5:00 – 5;30 p.m.
Thursday Mornings in the Contemporary Club:
- Tiny Tots: Ages 2-3, 10:15 a.m. – 10:30 a.m., 10:40 a.m. – 10:55 a.m.
Therapy Dog friends Daisy, Boo, Lilly & Feisty
Come and read to our Therapy Dog friends in the Story Corner of the Young Readers’ Room.
On the first & third Monday, beginning March 4, from 2:00 – 2:30 p.m.
We look forward to having your kids read a great book to our friends!
Yoga for children
3:45 p.m. – 4:15 p.m.
Located in the Contemporary Club.
Please bring your own mats!
Ages 3 & up are welcome!
Parents must stay with child.
Wear loose clothes for stretching!
Try some cool mapping at this website, created for the library by Esri:
Have fun with it…where will be your first destination to look up? Locally; in the state; country? How about someplace in the world?!
Saturday Craft Day
February 2, 2019
“Happy Valentine’s Day”
Join us for a fun-filled morning of crafting, stamping and making new friends in the Assembly Room. Join Miss Didi and her helpers as they help you make and create great crafts for you to take home.
15th Annual Family Day 2018
For more information, call Children’s Services at 798-7674
Visit us on Facebook.