The children’s collection of Smiley Library includes:
- Books, periodicals, and audio materials for preschool through 8th grade.
- Special programs and activities are held for children year round.
- Reading Clubs are held throughout the year and feature special themes and rewards to young readers.
Bring your little ones and enjoy storytelling from our wonderful group of readers!
Monday in the Story Corner:
- Hindi Story Time 5:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Tuesdays in the Story Corner:
- Spanish Story Time 10:15 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.
- Chinese Story Time 5:45p.m. – 6:15 p.m.
- Pajama Story Time: 7:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Wednesday Mornings in the Contemporary Club:
- Preschoolers: Ages 4-6 10:15 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. ~ story time + craft time
Thursday Mornings in the Contemporary Club:
- Tiny Tots: Ages 2-3, 10:15 a.m. – 10:30 a.m., 10:40 a.m. – 10:55 a.m.
ANGELS BASEBALL RIDDLE CONTEST
Redlands Kids’ Riddle Contest
Congratulations to our September riddle winner with the correct answer of “Memorial Chapel”. Angels fan, 11-year-old Corbin & 5 of his closest friends or family will enjoy the game on Sunday against the Texas Rangers!
Redlands children can win six Diamond Club behind-home plate tickets and two V.I.P. parking passes to the Angels vs. Houston Astros baseball game Sunday, August 27th.
There will be a new riddle every month throughout baseball season.
To enter, figure out the riddle and send your answer, name, age and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org or take it to the Young Readers’ Room at the A.K. Smiley Public Library.
Only 6- to 12-year-old children who live in Redlands may enter.
All correct answers will be entered into a random drawing. One entry per child will be valid.
Answers must be submitted by September 12, and the winner will be notified September 13th.
The contest is co-sponsored by the Rochford Foundation, A.K. Smiley Library and The Daily Facts.
Name this Redlands landmark:
Sunlight reflected through stained window glass
Sound made by pipes of tin, lead and brass
At Christmastime see a Feast of Light
Church in the morning and concerts at night
Or a series of talks by quite famous people
On the U of R quad, with a clock on its steeple
Yoga for children
3:45 p.m. – 4:15 p.m.
Located in the Contemporary Club.
Please bring your own mats!
All ages welcome!
Parents must stay with child.
Wear loose clothes for stretching!
Saturday Craft Day
October 21, 2017
“The Golden Goose”
Join us for a fun-filled morning of crafting, stamping and making new friends in the Assembly Room. Join Miss Didi and her helpers as they help you make and create great crafts for you to take home.
For more information, call Children’s Services at 798-7674