The children’s collection of Smiley Library includes books for toddlers, picture books, easy readers, books-on-tape, magazines and fiction and non-fiction collections up to the eighth grade level.
Bring your little ones and enjoy storytelling from our wonderful group of readers!
- Tuesday Nights in the Story Corner
Chinese Story Time 5:45 – 6:15 p.m.
Pajama Story Time: 7:00 – 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday Mornings in the Assembly Room
Preschoolers: Ages 4-6 10:15-10:45 am
- Thursday Mornings in the Assembly Room
Tiny Tots: Ages 2-3, 10:15-10:30 am, 10:40-10:55 am
- Saturday Mornings in the Story Corner
Bilingual Story Time: 10:15-10:45 am
Spanish/English Que Bueno!
Saturday Craft Day
July 12, 2014
Join us for a fun-filled morning of crafting, stamping and making new friends in the Assembly Room. Join Miss Didi and her helpers as they help you make and create great crafts for you to take home.
Beginning Tuesday, June 24, children, ages 4-18 are invited to join the Summer Reading Game.
This year the kids can sign up to play B-I-N-G-O.
Sign up on the 24th, or anytime there after. Each day there is a new task to complete.
Once the children/teens have earned a BINGO, they will earn a prize from the library!
Sunday, June 22, 2014
Kids may come to read aloud to Daisy, the Labradoodle
in the Young Readers’ Room starting at 2:00 p.m.
One child at a time may read aloud, until 2:30 p.m.
We will have books available for the children to read out-loud as Daisy listens intently to the story!
Redlands Kids’ Riddle Contest
June Grand prize
Angels vs. Texas Rangers Baseball Tickets
Sunday, June 22 6 VIP seats & VIP parking pass
CONGRATS TO HANNA Z.!!!!!
A riddle contest just for kids! New contest each month all summer!
Grand prize each contest: six behind-home-plate tickets to Angels baseball.
Here is how to enter:
- Figure out your best guess to solve the riddle
- Write down your answer, along with your name, age, and contact phone #
- Take your entry to Young Readers’ Room at A.K. Smiley Public Library or submit online at email@example.com Only 6-12 year old children who live in Redlands are eligible to enter. All correct guesses are entered into a drawing to determine a winner. One entry per child each contest! Clues are published in the Redlands Daily Facts & online at akspl.org/services/kids
Clues for June Redlands Kids’ Riddle Contest
Most every Redlander does know
Where people went to see
A silent film or vaudeville show
Before there was TV.
With ornate front and elegant
Once you walked inside
This historic landmark is still a source of pride.
Deadline: June 17th
Winner notified: June 18th
Young Readers’ Room A.K. Smiley Public Library & Rochford Foundation-Burrage Mansion